How we’re dealing with the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
All of us have had our daily lives turned upside down. In the Netherlands, we’re practising social distancing, the children aren’t going to school, and everyone who can is working from home. So everything’s a little different. Our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by the corona virus (COVID-19).
The safety and health of our employees and customers is of paramount importance to us. That is why we are monitoring government reporting closely and taking measures.
Our stores and e-shop are open
Our stores in the Netherlands are open. We pay extra attention to hygiene and use special washable pillow cases when carrying out bed testing. Some shops have modified their business hours. Our Store locator lists the business hours for the Auping shop in your area and you can easily schedule an appointment for personal sleep advice. We’ll help you when it’s convenient for you. And we’re also spreading out the number of people in the store.
You don’t want to or can’t go to a store right now? Then we’ll be happy to help you in our e-shop. The complete Auping range is available online. Use our configurator to easily put together your own dream bed.
Take care of yourself and each other
In times like these, sleeping well is very important to stay fit and strong. Or to rest and recuperate when you’ve been struck down by illness.
So go to bed on time, try to keep regular habits, and move enough during the day. Read our sleeping tips here or do these yoga exercises in the morning before you get out of bed for a nice, relaxed start to the day.
We’re confident that we’ll get through this outbreak with diligence and care for each other. And in the meantime, we’ll keep you rested. Because that’s what we’ve been doing for over 130 years.
Auping, with love.
Are you still delivering my bed and/or mattress?
- Yes; all the appointments will go on as scheduled for the time being. We will be taking extra measures during the delivery so that our employees can work safely.
Can you deliver my bed and/or mattress on time?
- Yes; we can deliver everything on time right now. Should circumstances change, we will be sure to contact you.
Will you still be setting up my bed?
- Yes; we will set up your bed as per our standard operating procedures. But we will be taking extra measures.
What measures are you taking for deliveries?
- When fine-tuning your visit, we will ask whether you have any symptoms, such as a cold, sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, light coughing, or fever of 38°C. If that’s the case, we suggest postponing the set-up until you’re better.
- We will try to minimise physical contact and keep our distance.
- When we enter, we will ask if we can wash our hands.
- When we assemble a bed, we will do so professionally and enthusiastically, as always, but we specifically ask that you are not present in the room in which we are working.
- As soon as the bed has been set up, we will ask you to come and check it yourself, making sure we are not in that room.
- We will not be taking cash payments.
- We will also be taking extra hygiene measures in our cars and trucks. We will also ensure that the steering wheel and interior are cleaned regularly.
Will you take my old mattress away when you deliver the new one?
- No; for the time being, we will not be taking old mattress(es) with us because of the safety measures and for the health of our employees. Check your municipality’s website to find out where you can drop off your old mattresses.